You ask yourself: What next? And you draw a blank. Or it's just the
opposite: So many possibilities seem open to you that you feel overwhelmed
and don't even know where to try. Or you kind-of-know what you want...
but the problem is how to go about it... Or how to convince prospective employers you're the right person for the job.
These are things I can help you with. Time and again, clients tell
me: "Finally, I can hear myself think".
I help you see things from a different perspective. I help you untangle
the intricate web of ideas and what-ifs that traps you into inaction.
You gain clarity.
Now, you're focusing on what you really want, as opposed to what you
think you should want, what you think others expect of you... This clarity and focus help you do what it takes to make things
Career coaching is action-oriented. We deal with concrete realities:
specific directions to pursue, pros and cons of specific options, how
specific opportunities... We define goals as well as specific steps,
so there is a very real sense of accountability.
We deal with the ups and downs of the process. You learn from the problems
that inevitably occur. This builds up your resources, not just for this
one career move, but for your whole career and your whole life.
I will help you explore your options and translate insights into concrete
steps... giving you as much or as little help as you want at any stage
of your job search:
- Create a game plan: what you want to do, and how you are going to
do it most effectively.
- Develop effective selling tools: writing a resume and cover letters that support your overall strategy.
- Deal with obstacles that block you, and overcome the stress of job
- Effectively address the fear of rejection, and conquer procrastination.
- Optimize your performance during the job
interview, including role play, practice interviews...
- Evaluate offers, and be prepared to negotiate salary and benefits.