This site features many inspirational articles, such as articles about being proactive, articles about making resolutions and changing habits, as well as articles on many other topics.
How to take risks: Positive thinking is a proactive choice
Some people are content to go through life watching opportunities pass them by. They are the couch potatoes of life. Other people are proactive: They make plans and make things happen.
Of course, there's no guarantee that your plans will succeed. If your priority in life is to avoid being disappointed, it makes sense to lower your expectations... to not even let yourself wish for things to be different.
Read more about: How to take risks: Positive thinking is a proactive choice
How do we cultivate optimism: The positive power of negative thinking
It is generally accepted that positive thinking will help people perform
better. So what can you do when you have negative thoughts?
Read more about: How do we cultivate optimism: The positive power of negative thinking
How to Turn Insight into Action
You know what it’s like to have an insight: one of those “aha” moments when something becomes very clear. You “get” it, even though you may not be able to put words into it, you have a sense of clarity, a sense of possibility. In this article, I will talk about the fine line there is between insight and action.
Read more about: Proactivity: How to Turn Insight into Action
Proactive vs Reactive Thinking
I believe that being proactive is not a mysterious quality that we
have, or don’t have. It is a way of dealing with things, that
we can develop and strengthen...
Read more about: Proactive vs. reactive thinking
Other articles about being proactive:
- Beyond reactive: How to develop a proactive mindset
- How to get unstuck: A proactive quest for meaning & purpose
- How to be self-motivated: What is motivation? A proactive definition
- Know Thyself
- Excuses & empowerment
- Self-Leadership Workbook: Self-motivation, when Just Do It won't do it
- How to break bad habits & develop good habits
- Inspirational video on how to make new year's resolutions
- The best way to lose weight fast
- How to quit smoking cigarettes
- About making new year's resolutions (audio)
- How to make & keep new year's resolutions
- Prochaska theory: Six stages of Change
- Life / Work balance
- Time management
- Other self-help articles
Articles on many topics:
- How to be proactive, change habits, make resolutions
- Printable posters
- Inspirational / motivational stories
- Business motivational stories
- Articles about inner experience & mindfulness
- Articles about relationships, communication & conflict
- Articles about stress, its effects & building resilience
- Other self-help articles
- The Proactive Twelve Steps
- Conversations with remarkable people (podcast)
Subscribe to the newsletter
Follow the blog
All my books can be downloaded as free PDFs